- Illuminating market systems development in fragile environments: A case study of the alternative energy market in Timor Leste
- Authors (non HEDON members)
- David Nicholson, Emma Proud
- Energy For All (E4A) was a three year market systems development (MSD) programme funded bythe European Commission. The programme sought to improve the reach and quality of distribution networks for clean energy products (solar appliances and clean cookstoves) in rural and peri-urban Timor-Leste. The programme stimulated systemic change to address two specific problems impeding a sustainable energy market: poor availability of quality, affordable alternative energy products and limited demand for alternative energy products and services. This learning study describes the key findings and lessons learnt through implementation and should serve as a guide for others attempting MSD in similar under-developed markets.
- Journal Section
- Theme Articles
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
- Icon picture
Assign categories (end of moderators only section)
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display