- Helpline: Expert response by Jeremy Stone, Climate Change and Renewable Energy Consultant
- Main author (HEDON member)
- A NGO would like to set up operations in Phulchari, an agrarian sub-district of Northern Bangladesh, to provide access to lighting, cooking and other energy products for rural households. Due to their location near the low-lying basin of the Brahmaputra River, the villages are prone to flash floods, which cause erosion and property damage.
Climate change adaptation has recently become a dominant cross-cutting theme across all programmes of the organisation. They would like some advice on how household energy initiatives should be adapted to take climate change into account. How have other organisations combined the two? What projects could be introduced to build resilience and energy security against such frequent and unpredictable climatic changes?
- Journal Section
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
- Pdf version
- Boiling Point 61_Helpline Response 2.pdf
- Icon picture
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display