- Consumption of firewood: A study of 6 villages in Niger and Mali
- Authors (non HEDON members)
- F Bonnet-Madin, J Joffre, P Montagne, S Strasfogel
- This interesting article (Bois de Feu, 1980) set out what had been learnt about the consumption of fuel wood in 6 villages in the Sahel: in Mali, Kalumba and Keybane (divided into two tribal groups), in the Nara area, and in Niger, Dan Koulou, Serke Haoussa, and Magami in the Maradi area. Wood consumptions are quoted in Kg/day per person or family (of given family sizes) although they may be measured by volume elsewhere. Wood consumptions per head in the Sahel are said to be well known and not to vary very greatly but if these figures are averaged they may not be representative at regional levels and so the figures given should not be extrapolated...
- Journal Section
- Theme Articles
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
Assign categories (end of moderators only section)
- 010 Stoves
- Location: continent
- Location: African countries
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display