- Gambia: Progress with urban stoves Part I
- Authors (non HEDON members)
- Keith Bennett
- Recent years have seen a number of interesting developments in a bid to supply urban areas of the Gambia with an alternative fuel for cooking.
Electricity is expensive, bottled gas more economical, but most people cannot afford the initial cash outlay for a stove and gas bottle deposit. Wood is the most commonly used fuel and trucks can be seen arriving with huge loads of wood from outlying rural areas...
- Journal Section
- Theme Articles
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
- Icon picture
Assign categories (end of moderators only section)
- 010 Stoves
- Location: continent
- Location: African countries
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display