- Institutional Peat Stove Programme in Burundi
- Authors (non HEDON members)
- The stove program is connected to Project Tourbe II, a multi-lateral cooperation between USAID, ONATOUR and the Irish Government. This is a project for the exploitation of peat (a kind of young coal) as an alternative fuel. Around 800 tons of peat per month have been sold in Burundi during the past few years. This is equivalent to about 600 tons of wood. As Burundi is a relatively small country (27,000 km ), this peat project has become an important factor in saving wood and forest reserves...
- Journal Section
- Theme Articles
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
- Icon picture
Assign categories (end of moderators only section)
- 010 Stoves
- Location: continent
- Location: African countries
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display