- Village Biomass Energy Needs and Tree Planting
- Authors (non HEDON members)
- N H Ravindranath and R Shailaja
- In rural areas of South Karnataka, in India, biomass is used as fuel mainly for cooking, heating bath water and for producing lime and bricks. ASTRA rural energy studies have shown that cooking is the dominant use of biomass as fuel and tree wood (twigs and branches and logs) is the dominant type of fuel used. In this paper a simple method to estimate the biomass use as energy and different strategies for growing biomass is presented...
- Journal Section
- Theme Articles
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
- Icon picture
Assign categories (end of moderators only section)
- 010 Stoves
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display