- Charcoal and the Environment - Pros and Cons
- Authors (non HEDON members)
- Rudiger Meicherczyk, Walther Hennig
- Critics of appropriate technology occasionally point out to its supporters that the slogan "Small is Beautiful" does not always apply. Charcoal production is one example; with the simple earth and pit kiln technology, the emissions of toxic substances are substantial. Should one therefore advocate large charcoal production plants? Does it, in any case, make more sense to burn fuelwood for domestic cooking and heating? Even within GTZ, questions linked to charcoal production cause some controversy. We print two authors views on the subject...
- Journal Section
- Theme Articles
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
Assign categories (end of moderators only section)
- Climate change
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display