- Exposure to Air Pollution From Transitional Household Fuels
- Authors (non HEDON members)
- Aletta Terblanche, Catherine M, E Nel, Louise Opperman, Helena Nyikos
- For decades, coal has been and will continue to be the dominant energy source in South Africa. Approximately 60 per cent of the population relies on low-quality coal as its primary household energy source. The coal typically used for household energy in South Africa has a high ash content (43 per cent), a low volatile content (19 per cent), a sulphur content of around 0.19 per cent and a calorific value of less than 25 MJ (megajoules)/kg...
- Journal Section
- Theme Articles
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
Assign categories (end of moderators only section)
- Climate change
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display