- Testing of Charcoal and Coal Briquette Stoves
- Authors (non HEDON members)
- Anders Ellegard
- One of the Zambian projects of the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) aims at improving local knowledge of stove emissions and the country's capabilities to test smoke emissions. A laboratory at the National Council for Scientific Research (NCSR) has been provided with monitoring equipment, and two researchers, Dr Julius Kaoma and Dr George Kasali, who have been trained in stove testing. A number of different stoves and fuels relevant for Zambian conditions have been tested, both with regard to thermal efficiency and to emission of pollutants. The stoves tested have been the traditional stove, the Mbaula, a ceramic stove developed by NCAR, a metal stove for coal (mineral coal) proposed by Maamba Collieries Ltd. and an improved charcoal stove...
- Journal Section
- Theme Articles
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
Assign categories (end of moderators only section)
- 011 Briquettes And Pellets
- Location: continent
- Location: African countries
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display