- Energy and the Household Environment in Accra
- Authors (non HEDON members)
- G McGranahan
- The Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), together with local researchers, recently undertook a study of household environment problems in the Greater Metropolitan Area of Accra, the capital city of Ghana, which has a population of about two million. One of the problems studied, air pollution, is closely linked to energy use through the burning of cooking fuels. This can lead to personal exposures to high levels of a variety of harmful pollutants. Many of the poorer households use biomass fuels and so are particularly at risk...
- Journal Section
- Theme Articles
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
Assign categories (end of moderators only section)
- Location: continent
- Location: African countries
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display