- The Senegal Diambar Stove Project
- Authors (non HEDON members)
- Dr Eric Hyman, Jas Singh
- In the fall of 1989, Appropriate Technology International (ATI) approached the existing USAID programme for 'Building the Capacity of Senegalese Institutions to Commercialize Appropriate Technologies' with a proposal to commercialize technologies for household energy conservation, small-scale irrigation, and grain processing through private enterprise. USAID/Senegal provided one million dollars of the funding for this and ATI covered half a million dollars of the total programme costs for the whole project. The stoves component began in 1991, and the project was then extended until September 1997 under the USAID/Senegal Co-financing Programme...
- Journal Section
- Theme Articles
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
Assign categories (end of moderators only section)
- 010 Stoves
- Location: continent
- Location: African countries
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display