- Renewable Energy - A World Bank View
- Authors (non HEDON members)
- Dennis Anderson, Kulsum Ahmed
- ...Each year, the earth receives an energy input from the sun equal to 15,000 times the world's commercial energy consumption and 100 times the world's proven coal, gas and oil reserves. Modern solar-electric schemes are capable of converting 10 to 20 per cent of the incident energy into a form useful for consumption, and in theory they would need less than 1 per cent of the world's land area to meet all its energy needs - which is less than the land areas now occupied by hydro reservoirs, and not much more than is planted for potatoes. Yet, despite the abundance and attraction of the solar energy resource, only a tiny fraction is used...
- Journal Section
- Theme Articles
Skip this section (the following 4 fields are to be filled by Boiling Point moderators only)
Assign categories (end of moderators only section)
- Climate change
Article body in English
- Page name EN
- A practitioner's journal on household energy, stoves and poverty reduction.
No records to display